Yeah, I remember...

Posted in

The time of the year when my cousin calls my phone and says:

"Hay do you know what's coming up"

The time of year when i lie as if i dont remember because in all reality i CANT forget but i dont want to remember. I want to get it out of my head because it hurts TOO MUCH to think about it. When i reply:

"Nah, what?"

And he pauses and says:

"The day "D" died, so what are you going to do?"

And i say:

"I Dont know, What do you mean what am i going to do?"




In my head im thinking what is there to do? To remember, well i cant forget the day my brother was murdered, I cant forget the day i was on my way to meet up with him but before i walked out the door recieved a phone call saying "Darryl Died!", I can NEVER forget and I'll always remember falling down to the floor I'll never EVER forget watching the 9'0 clock news:

News Anchor:"Today a 22 year old man was shot and killed by the NYC police department in a hail of 51 bullets, there was never a gun found on him nor was there any gunshot residue found on his fingers though the police say that he shot first, next up is how your water may give you cancer"

I could never forget thinking and repeating the line Fabolous used in his song where he said "All the newspaper said, Was another nigga dead and its fucked up".
It was more fucked up because he was my brother. Yeah, my brother.

I remember the funeral and the spectacle people put on. I remember all the young people there who my brother touched, and those who were there crying hard like they weren't talking bad about him yesterday. I remember the people who did genuinely care about him and came there and sat silently unlike the others.

I remember going to school the next day refusing to see my brother thrown in dirt, refusing to see his casket close one FINAL time never to be opened again because at home i would have just thought about it HARDER than i would have in school, I remember that. The students who looked at me and smiled somber smiles and sat with me to reminisce about the "Good times"

I remember the past two years when my cousin called me and asked:

"What are we going to do"

and me answering:

"I dont know"

and wondering what the hell am i supposed to do...Remember, Yeah I Remember.

OCT. 22 at 4am My brother, best friend, confidant, died... how could i forget?

Photobucket

This entry was posted on 6:26 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 Schitzos Talking

My condolescences. That's some fucked up shit. Did the police get off for it?

@E-Rich And You Know It....

They got away with shooting and killing Sean Bell, Amadou Diallo, so my brother was NO exception

WHASSUP LOVE, IM VERY SORRY 4 YA LOSS. MY CONDOLESCENCE 2 U. HOLD YA HEAD HIGH & STAY STRONG!

TECHIE.

Post a Comment